Australia is a wonderful country and many people want to visit Australia for a holiday, sightseeing, social or recreational reasons or simply to say G’day Mate to relatives or friends. The Visitor visa or the Tourist visa allows overseas people to come to Australia for short periods of time.
This temporary visa is the perfect visa for those people wanting to visit Australia temporarily and the cost is very nominal. The visa is generally for short-term visits of 3 months and can be for a single trip or on a multiple visit basis. In some certain circumstances, the visa can be a number of years with 12 month stays.
Visitor visas include:
There are generally 4 streams for the Visitor visa (600), namely:
- Tourist stream: holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends
- Business Visitor stream: short business visit
- Sponsored Family stream: visit their family
- Approved Destination Status stream: organised tour groups from China
For the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa, the applicant:
- must hold a passport from one of the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR of China), Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Portugal, Republic of San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan (excluding official or diplomatic passports), The Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City.
- be outside Australia when the visa application is applied for and granted
- can only apply to travel to Australia as a tourist with no rights to studying or working
For the Visitor visa, the applicant:
- Tourist stream: the genuine visitor test must be satisfied
- Business Visitor stream: have an acceptable reason to travel to Australia for approved business related activities
- Sponsored Family stream: the genuine visitor test must be satisfied, and the applicant must be sponsored by an eligible relative, noting a security bond ($5,000 to $15,000) may be requested
- Approved Destination Status stream: must be from China and the visa application must be through an agent registered with the Approved Destination Status scheme for travel to Australia as part of a tour group
Have you had your Visitor visa refused due to the ‘Genuine Visitor‘ test?
Contact Migration Agents Melbourne for help with your Visitor visa and meeting the genuine visitor test.
|Electronic Transit Authority (ETA) visa|
Base application charge
Internet service fee per applicant
|Visitor visa (600)|
Base application charge (Offshore)
Base application charge (Onshore)