Migration Agents Melbourne
Migration Agents Melbourne (To Legal) is a boutique immigration law practice operating in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Migration Agents Melbourne is pleased to provide this dedicated [dot] Melbourne immigration website, Migration Agents Melbourne.
Being a [dot] Melbourne domain means you can be confident you are:
- dealing with a legitimate business as only verified businesses can own [dot] Melbourne domains
- retaining the services of a Melbourne migration agent and Melbourne immigration lawyer
With the use of emails and the Internet, we are able to provide you with immigration services irrespective if you live outside Melbourne or inside Melbourne.
While the Internet can be a wonderful tool, unfortunately it can facilitate scams and fraud on a local basis and across global boundaries. See: Beware of Scams page.
Therefore, we believe it could be necessary for you to be able to verify that Migration Agents Melbourne (To Legal) is owned and run by our principal, Jay To who is a:
Our objective is to provide strategic and procedural immigration advice that is practical and in ‘plain English’. We are ‘goal oriented‘ and provide a personalised yet professional service.
Contact Migration Agents Melbourne for all your immigration services.
- give advice on Australian immigration and citizenship
- assist with Department of Home Affairs forms, checklists and statutory declarations
- prepare, review and lodge your visa application and sponsorship
- communicate with the Department of Home Affairs
Immigration Businesses that provide immigration advice or services in Melbourne or across Australia must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (known as the 'Office of the MARA)'.
- Migration Agent: Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice (6 months full-time)
- Immigration Lawyer: Current Practising Certificate, Bachelor of Laws (3 years full-time)
- Migration Agent: No supervised training required
- Immigration Lawyer: Supervised training needed
Drafting Legal Arguments
- Migration Agent: Standard of submission depends on experience
- Immigration Lawyer: Standard of legal arguments is based on legal qualifications, supervised training and experience
Legal Professional Privilege
- Migration Agent: Communications are not protected by legal privilege
- Immigration Lawyer: All communications are protected by legal privilege unless compelled by law
- Migration Agent: legal advice cannot be given
- Immigration Lawyer: Able to provide legal advice depending on your circumstances and where outside the area of practice, will be able to identify possible legal issues and refer to the appropriate person
- is a current Melbourne immigration lawyer
- is a registered Melbourne migration agent
- holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Finance double degree
- was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria in December 2002
- has been a registered migration agent since June 2007
Note: Only about 25% of migration agents are actually Immigration Lawyers.
To illustrate this, in 2018 a registered migration agent with:
- MARN: 1612345 - has about 2 years experience (2016)
- MARN: 1412345 - has about 4 years experience (2014)
- MARN: 1212345 - has about 6 years experience (2012)
- MARN: 1012345 - has about 8 years experience (2010)
- MARN: 0812345 - has about 10 years experience (2008)
At Migration Agents Melbourne, our principal, Jay To
- has sound knowledge of Australian immigration laws, policies and procedures
- acts professional and friendly manner
- abides by the Migration Agents' Code of Conduct
- carries professional indemnity insurance
- passes character tests (including criminal history checks)
You can download the Migration Agents' Code of Conduct HERE.