Prospective Marriage Visa
Couples who fall in love and wish to be re-united in Australia need to be married, live in a de facto relationship or be engaged. However, those people who are madly in love, but are not up to the marital stage, may look at getting engaged and applying for the Prospective Marriage visa, which is also known as a Fiancee visa.
By having that extra step, the couple will then have some time to plan for their wedding in Australia. Specifically, the applicant can stay in Australia for a period of 9 to 15 months from the date the visa is granted.
The applicant and sponsor must be married to each other before the visa period ends and they then can apply for the Partner visa to remain in Australia.
Our objective is to assist you with immigration services for the transition from dating to an engagement to a beautiful marriage.
Leave all Prospective Marriage visa concerns with us while you and your partner celebrate and enjoy these special and amazing times.
Firstly, the sponsor must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be an Australian permanent resident
- be an eligible New Zealand citizen
Secondly, the applicant must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be outside Australia when the visa application is applied and granted
Generally, the couple must:
- show that since turning 18 years of age that the sponsor and applicant have met each other face to face
- demonstrate the relationship is genuine and continuing and there is a mutual commitment between the partners to a shared life as spouses to the exclusion of all others
Contact Migration Agents Melbourne and we will guide you with your visa application.
|Prospective Marriage visa (300)|
Base application charge
Additional application charge (18 and over)
Additional application charge (under 18)