Prospective Marriage Visa
Couples who fall in love and wish to be re-united in Australia need to be married, live in a de facto relationship or be engaged.
On the other hand, couples thinking of getting engaged can apply for the Prospective Marriage visa which gives the couple time to plan for their wedding in Australia. Under this Prospective Marriage visa the applicant can come to Australia for a period of nine (9) months from the date the visa is granted.
The applicant and sponsor must be married to each other within the nine (9) months and then can apply for the Partner visa to remain in Australia. Our objective is to assist you with the transition from Dating to Engagement to Marriage.
Let any Prospective Marriage visa concerns be left with us while you and your partner celebrate and enjoy these special times.
Contact Migration Agents Melbourne and we will guide you with your visa application.
Prospective Marriage Visa – Visa Requirements
The sponsor will need to be one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
The applicant must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be outside Australia when the visa application is applied for and granted
The sponsor and applicant must:
- show that since turning 18 years of age that the sponsor and applicant have met each other face to face
- demonstrate the relationship is genuine and continuing and there is a mutual commitment between the partners to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others
- be of opposite sex and not the same-sex
|Base Application Charge
Additional Application Charge (18 and over)
Additional Application Charge (under 18)